Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Cardigans - Pearl Necklace

I love me some Cardigans. I can't get enough of these but what I have learned is quality is key. I just bought 2 Cardigans from Maurices and I love there Cardigans. About 11 years ago I bought a Green color and it has not faded or lost its shape. However, it has lost all its buttons but 2 and through the years small holes have started to show up so it has now become just a home "cardi" it just goes to show you how much I loved that thing. I give Maurices "Cardi's" a thumbs up. :o)

So to go with my Purple Cardigan I was inspired from a white and silver pearl piece that in the magazine cost $199.00 so obvisioly I knew I could do it cheaper and more to my taste.
I used .014 inch accu-flex wire (4 strands), 2 12mm sterling silver plated balls, silver seed beads, 6-7mm peachy colored Pearls, 8mm peach round pearls, and 4mm light brown crystals to create my pearl necklace.





I am one who loves to not always do pieces that are mathcy, matchy. I do like to do that once in a while so don't get the wrong impression that matchy matchy is a no, no I just like to mix things up a bit.
I am thinking for this pretty LANTANA color I want a Turquoise piece. I am still thinking what I want to do.


And Yes, here is the green cardi. This picture doesn't really do it justice for all the great years that it served me but I still can't give it up just quite yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment