Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Bracelet Connector

I have been in search for the Bracelet Connectors that replace the Watch Face for your watchband.  I think they are adorable and a great way to change its look.  So if anyone has any tips on where to get some please e-mail me some tips.   
  •  Well, with no luck in finding them I decided to get creative on my own.  This is what I came up with!

 
So the tools you will need are:  Wire Cutters, Nail, Metal File, Hammer, and a pendant.
 
 
So the first thing that I did i took my pendant and cut off the top piece where you would strand your necklace to make it a pendant.
 

 




 
Next, I took my nail and I lined up the pendant where I wanted to make the hole.  It was easy on this pendant because it had some designs so I just counted the same amount of space for each side.  *Note that when your hammering your nail into the metal make sure that you get it as close to the edge of the pendant as possible.  I didn't do that the first time and my Lobster claws bent when I took the band on and off.


 
Last, I cut off the excess metal with my wire cutters and then filed down the pieces so that it doesn't scratch your skin. 
 
"Ta DA"
My version of the cute Bracelet Connectors. 
 
 

 I got a few other ideas for more Bracelet connectors but that will be another post.  Happy Beading!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment